1. The heart is dead, but its living again lies in knowledge, knowledge too is dead, but its living again lies in the seeking after it.
2. Erase old sins with new virtues.
3. He who busies himself in the Lord’s work, finds the Lord busy in his work.
4. That amount of knowledge which suffices the Believer is that which keeps him in awe of the Divine.
5. The sole root of man’s misery is his talking in excess.
6. Man knows that he is weak, yet how strange that he continues to disobey the One Who is strongest of all.
7. Wretched is the one who dies, and his inequity lives on.
8. A people who have left the struggle in Allah’s way have shackled themselves in the dark caverns of disgrace and utter loss.
9. Through his knowledge the seeker of the deen increases in action, whereas the seeker of this world increases only in information.
[Abu Bakr radi Allah’anhu]
“Avarice is disgrace; cowardice is a defect; poverty often disables an intelligent man from arguing his case; a poor man is a stranger in his own town; misfortune and helplessness are calamities; patience is a kind of bravery; to sever attachments with the wicked world is the greatest wealth; piety is the best weapon of defence”
“Submission to Allah’s Will is the best companion; wisdom is the noblest heritage; theoretical and practical knowledge are the best signs of distinction; deep thinking will present the clearest picture of every problem”
“Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company”
1. The Prophet said that God has said,
“I cannot be contained in hallowed places.
Heaven and earth cannot hold Me.
But I am contained by true hearts.
If you seek Me, search in those hearts.”
2. To know your own illness is the proper remedy.
When you repent you feel humility.
That is the time to obey the Prophet’s command
“Have mercy.” Why do you presume to be safe
and fortunate. Don’t you remember God’s salace,
“Do not fear”?
3. The Prophet said to Ali, “You may be the Lion of
God, but depend not on valor alone. Learn to
blossom under the shade of hope. Rejoice in the
Sage who cannot be beguiled from the way.
4. I am the orchard; You the rain.
Only I need You twenty times more.
Rejoicing in You a beggar receives victuals
without any means or resistance.
We are the fishes; You the ocean of life.
We live by Your favor, O Exalted of All.
5. His miracles are countless,
the waves of His bounty tide upon tide.
These and a hundred times as many miracles
allow the light of His face
to shine inside and out.
6. When your heart is dark as iron, steadily polish yourself
that the heart may become a mirror, a beautiful shine reflecting from within.
Although iron is dark and dismal, polishing clears the darkness away.